Friday, August 26, 2011

Calm before the Storm.. a beautiful sunset...


Hurricane Irene is on her way with each media broadcast playing up the fact that Cape May County and more specifically the Delaware Bay is going to have a direct hit from the hurricane.
The county is under mandatory evacuation with the barrier islands being evacuated tonight and the mainland areas going tomorrow. It probably couldn't have happened at a worse time during the summer with this being the weekend before Labor Day.
26 years ago in Sept 1985 Hurricane Gloria came to visit Cape May County and we were spared major damage because at the last minute it veered up the coast and hit around Atlantic City. Russ and I had only lived here for 3 months and knew hardly anyone so I made him take me back to PA.

Now I have offered my services to my job (hospital) and plan not to evacuate. Since there are a number of employees who have already left the area with their families my offer has been accepted. Tomorrow I will get my valaubles together and pack the car leaving here Saturday morning for the hospital. I am anxious and worried that this time the house will be destroyed but if that's God's will so be it. Things can be replaced.
In the meantime tonight there was a gorgous sunset!

No comments: