Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ending a great day of birding - Heislerville

Since May is usually great for Heislerville for shore birds I thought I would take a drive to Matts Landing, East Point Lighthouse and Thompson Beach Rd.  First stop were the impoundments at the end of Matts Landing.  I'd have to say I was really disappointed because both of the impoundments had  few birds.  Down to East Point Lighthouse where I saw another Tri-colored Heron along with some shorebirds off in a distance,  I did see a beautiful sailing ship off in the distance.



Down to Thompson's Beach Rd where there are 2 fairly close Osprey nests so good looks at those birds.  There were also a number of Osprey flying overhead with both fish and branches for the nest building.  I heard and saw good munbers of Marsh Wrens, several Clapper Rails, many Barn and Tree Swallows, Eastern Kingbirds (pictured below) and the trusty Red-winged Blackbirds.  



No comments: