Tuesday, June 20, 2023

National Pollinator Week ~ Nottingham County Park

 Both yesterday and then, again, this afternoon, I went over to Nottingham County Park to look for pollinators.  I was thrilled yesterday afternoon to see more Great Spangled Fritillaries than I had seen earlier in the day at Peacedale Preserve.  Then, today there were at least 30-50 Great Spangled Fritillaries right near the parking lot on the common milkweed.  It was exciting for me. Also, there were skippers, bumble bees and other pollinators there.  I will return multiple times this summer to see the wildlife including the birds.

Monarch ~ First of Year

Great Spangled Fritillary on Common Milkweed

Great Spangled Fritillary

Tawny-edged Skipper

Little Glassywing

Bumble Bee

Large Milkweed Bug

Red Milkweed Bug

Brown-belted Bumble Bee

Red Milkweed Bug


Chipping Sparrows bring food back to the nest.

Chipping Sparrows bring food back to the nest.




No comments: