Monday, June 26, 2023

Visit to Wolf's Hollow County Park

 Yesterday, I decided to take a ride over to Wolf's Hollow County park to see what might be happening in relations to their plants and the fields where I saw so many butterflies last summer.  I have been over several times since April but hadn't seen much. This time the Common Milkweed down the path was blooming so there were some butterflies and also some bugs.  Next, I walked for about 2 hours on several paths. There was a little stream where there were some cool dragonflies named Ebony Jewelwing.  I was able to take a good amount of pictures and uploaded about 50 of them to iNaturalist.

Eastern-tailed Blue

Little Glassywing

Little Glassywing ~ Dorsal View

Pearl Crescent

Meadow Fritillary

Gray Hairstreak

Silver-spotted Skipper

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


Ebony Jewelwing

Ebony Jewelwing

Ebony Jewelwings Mating

Ebony Jewelwing




No comments: