Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cape May Point State Park- June 14

I saw 2 new life birds today at the CMP State Park - the first were a number of Cedar Waxwings. They were flying and foraging among the cedar trees along one of the walkways. The waxwings sure are beautiful birds. (picture Cedar Waxwing).
Then I saw a Purple Gallinule which is not a bird very common to the NJ area. This bird is also very attractive but it was hanging out on the wrong side of the pond for me to get a decent picture of it.

Next I went down onto the beach of the state park where I saw 2 sets of American Oystercatcher chicks. One set was an older set maybe the ones I saw 10 days ago and the other set looked younger just a few days old. AWESOME! Pictured are the older chicks with one chick off from Mom and Dad checking out his enviroment. When he fell off the log it was so funny once I realized the chick didn't get hurt.















   This Great White Egret was fishing for his breakfast when I was watching him.

No comments: