Sunday, August 12, 2012

A great day in my backyard

Today, I did a very stupid thing.  At about 7:30 AM I was emptying and refilling the rotten fruit trays for the butterflies when I inadvertently locked myself out of the house.  Now mind you I knew just as I closed the door what I had done but it was too late.  There I was in my robe, due to be at Hereford Lighthouse at 8AM to do some photographing with a friend. 

Thank God I have the extra space above the garage with a combination lock.  There's nothing there but a sofa and some chairs but there is also a phone where I could call a super friend who came to rescue me.  She needed to wait for her hubby to come home from work with the car so while waiting I was able to look out over the gardens in the backyard.

The gardens are looking great and are really drawing in the butterflies and birds.  There were 2 sets of birds that I couldn't ID but then I didn't have my bins or my camera to take pictures.  But I did see Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, a  Clearwing Hummingbird moth and a host of other critters. So once I was releashed and back in my house I took pictures of the neat nature in my own backyard.

Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Blue Salvia



Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Cypress Vine
Cabbage White Butterfly

Bumble Bee on Anise Hysop

Cloudless Sulphur on Partridge Pea





1 comment:

warriormom said...

These are just gorgeous!