Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lancaster, Pa ~ Philippa arrives

For the past 23+ years I have been writing to a girl in New Zealand.  She answered an add I had placed in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine for a penpal.  I was looking for a nurse who also quilted and Philippa answered my ad.  Today, I was lucky enough to finally meet her.  She has come to spend 9 days with me.  Philippa arrived in Lancaster County, PA via the train.  Quilters are always interested in seeing Lancaster County and seeing the Amish who are wonderful quilters.  After a family style meal at Good & Plenty I drove us around some of the area around Bird-In-Hand where we saw some of the pristine Amish farms.  We saw a number of Amish school houses.  Surprisingly, there were more Amish youth out on the roads in their open air courting buggies than I had ever seen.  We also saw 4 large volleyball games going on in some of the areas we visited.
Beth & Philippa

Amish youth playing volleyball



No comments: