Monday, May 8, 2017

Ohio Birding ~ Magee Marsh Boardwalk

Black-throated Blue Warbler
Since I became a birder, I have heard birding spring migration in Ohio is an experience not to be missed.  I retired in 2017 so this year was my first chance to go.  My first impressions were not as good as I would have liked.  It is very crowded with other birders on the boardwalk so if "closed in spaces" are an issue there are better places nearby to see the warblers.  Also I had been told that seeing the birds was easy because the leaves aren't out yet which this year is not the case as the leaves are almost fully out making it much harder to see the birds. I was told that the birds are low down but this year most very up pretty high.  Of course the birds flit around anyway so that increases the difficulty in seeing them.  Everyone on the boardwalk is very friendly and shares their knowledge with other birders less experienced.

Solitary Sandpiper

Yellow Warbler

Warbling Vireo

No comments: