Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Beth's Patch ~ Heermann's Gull ~ Mega Rare West Coast Visitor

 "**MEGA Rarity - first NJ state record of Heermann's Gull, found normally on the West Coast. This bird was originally found in CMP on 5/30. Yesterday, the gull flew up & down the NCM beaches and was seen by many birders. I missed seeing it by just a few minutes as I was out working in the gardens and had no idea there was a rare bird around. Looked early this AM, walking up & down the beach to the ferry without success. Saw TJ park across the street and asked if the gull was here. he stated he had been watching it further down Beach drive and the gull had flown to the beach in front of my house. I got my bins and my camera and joined him on his way down to the beach. There it was between Emerson and Browning Ave, hanging with the Laughing Gulls. So cool to share have Tom share the sighting and get to chat. He stayed as I left the beach so he's looking at the gull. Awesome though not a life bird!









No comments: