Thursday, March 3, 2022

Embroidered Greeting Cards ~ Designing using Bernina V7 Software

I have been obsessed with making greeting cards.  Class is given by Donna Rauff on Zoom.  The class is taught through Aurora Sewing Center in NY.  I've not ever used my Bernina software very much but I can design, add and subtract parts of designs to make new designs and then, add writing to the card.  The first set of designs, I cut a portion of a wreath away to just feature the zinnia and the monarch. The first 2 images are my designs before stitching it out.  In the second version, I rotated the monarch to make it more horizontal.  The next card is a finished stitch out with the greeting card ready to mail to a friend.



This next set of designs, I took a daisy design, deleted one of the flowers and added in the monarch, that was from a different embroidery design entirely.  When I "borrowed" the monarch, I saved it for future use on other postcards.  I am finding doing even the simple design changes are tons of fun.  First image is the design before stitch out.  Next design is actually the greeting card stitched out and assembled.









 

No comments: