Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wrap-A-Smile quilts


Gosh, the month of September went by in a flash. I worked and played. When I was playing I was out birding and butterflying taking pictures of both with some dragonflies thrown in also. The Monarch migration mid September was unlike anything I have seen in years. I am told 1999 had a great migration but truely I don't remember that one. Plus I spent a good bit of time making quilts and quilting the quilt tops. I think my total of charity quilts made for 2010 stands at 23 quilts. I would like to send the 10 tops here that are done up to Terry in Maine soon. I have 2 more to quilt but I took my Bernina 200 in for service and am waiting to pick it up. I find that the larger quilts are easier to quilt on it. I think I would like to make at least 5more quilts this year. Now a goal for 2011 how many quilt tops will I be able to make and quilt. I was thinking 2 per month but maybe I'll need to up that so I beat this years numbers. Let me think.. is 30 doable? Not sure but all I can do is try. I have been trying to use some of my Australian fabrics in the tops. Many of the tops are strip pieced and very simple but a child in need won't care about the complexity of the patterns. Here are some pictures.

No comments: