Sunday, April 17, 2011

CMP - April 17 - Northern Gannets & Surf Scoters



Up early 7AM but didn't plan to go out birding because the winds were really blowing 20-25 MPH. I was sitting in the living room watching the Delaware Bay and noticed a large movement of Northern Gannets underway with several smaller groups of Surf Scoters. I added the Northern Gannets last week as a new life bird but didn't get any good pictures so I grabbed my camera and wallked across the street to the beach.

I spent about 10 minutes there and decided that maybe if I drove over to CMP I'd get better pictures. So off I went to the Alexander Street jetty. Boy, the winds were actually worse over at the ocean and the tide was coming in. I had much difficulty even holding the camera and gave up after about 5 minutes thinking I'd check out Sunset Beach.

No comments: