Friday, November 2, 2012

Backyard Birds - My Yard

The past 2 days the bird activity has been very high in my backyard.  The birds arriving are eating all the food as fast as I can put out the food.  I filled the platforms and feeders several times during the day.  I have been seeing Tufted Titmouse, Pine Siskins, American Goldfinch, House Finches, Purple Finches, Cardinals at the thistle and black oil sunflower seed feeders.  I was excited to have a female Black-headed Grosbeak stop at the platform feeders giving me great looks (as my chair inside is about 3 ft away from the feeder).  That's a new lifer plus a new yard bird.  I had White-throated Sparrows, Song Sparrows, my first of the season Dark-eyed Junco plus new yard bird of male/female Red-winged Blackbird, Mourning Doves feeding on the ground. Then a Black Vulture came through and put up all of the birds. This was another new yard bird.



























All birds and squirrels (too) take advantage of the multi-level waterfall feature to have a drink and the bird bath where they like to bathe.




No comments: