Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

I had thought that I might go out birding on New Year's Day with a group from the CMBO but the winds are blowing at 35+ MPH and the temperatures are in the high 20's so I decided I'd wait for my first birding trip of the year. Sad to say but I am a more fair weather birder.
I love to watch the Rose Bowl Parade so I relaxed while doing that.  The floats are just so incredible.
I went out to check my Eastern Black Swallowtail caterpillars and they are still hanging on to the dill.
Then I spent the rest of the day putting a quilt top together.  When I was going through some of my stash I found 15 Churn Dash blocks I'd made years ago.  I decided on a layout for 12 blocks, pieced them together and added a scrappy border.   Just the right size quilt for Wrap-A-Smile.

No comments: