Monday, October 19, 2015

Birding ~ The Meadows

This morning a text went out over a messaging service called Keekeekeer that an American Bittern had been seen at the Meadows this morning.  I have seen an American Bittern before at Forsythe but not great looks so I decided to take a trip over to see if I could find it.  Initial walk out the main path I came up empty but walking back I stopped to talk to some people who had been on the walk. They were in the general area of where the bittern had been so we started to look for it with our bins,  I wasn't having any luck so I decided to look behind me before leaving to go over to the Point.  There sitting out in plain sight on a mowed area was the Bittern.  It sat there watching us watch him for over 1/2 hr before I left.  When I entered him into ebird he was Life bird #373 for me.

No comments: