Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cape Island ~ Ash-throated Flycatcher & Henslow's Sparrow

Another bird alert for an Ash-throated Flycatcher at the magnesite plant in Lower Twp and a second one for a Henslow's Sparrow at the Beanery.  I thought both would be life birds for me and since I was off from work I decided  drive over was warrantied,  When I arrived at the magnesite plant, the flycatcher was feeding in the trees along the parking lot and was pointed out to me by some of the birders who were observing the bird.  Then it was a drive over to the Beanery to find the Henslow's Sparrow which was located in a large brush pile along the edge of  field.  Wehad good looks at the sparrow but no great pictures for me.
Ash-throated Flycatcher - Cape My County, NJ

Ash-throated Flycatcher ( 3/24/14 ~ Cabo, Mexico)

No comments: