Tuesday, October 24, 2017

My Yard ~ Monarch Butterfly Bonanza ~ Day 4

Feeding on Tropical Milkweed during the morning
The past few days have been the most incredible of my butterflying life.  Back on 10/18, the butterfly numbers started to grown in my yard.  I have had up to 18 species but the Monarch's started to come and have just increased in numbers every day.  It has been amazing.  I believe that there are more than 500 butterflies in my yard.  Each evening the have been roosting on both my canna plants and in my Cherry tree.  The light isn't good enough to get pictures in the Cherry tree but these are pictures of the canna's tonight before sunset as the Monarch were still getting set-up for the night.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an incredible sight!

Beth said...

It was amazing!