Sunday, December 31, 2017

Idyllwild Nature Center & Lake Hemet, CA

Bernie & I decided on a trip the mountains today to Idyllwild driving up from Banning and driving back into Palm Desert.  The trip takes you up along the steep mountains with views down into the valleys. Have I mentioned I have a fear of heights along the side of roads, when I feel the car might fall down the mountain?  It can cause me to laugh uncontrollably.  Today, I wasn't too bad.  After we birded at Idyllwild Nature, we decided we would also stop at Lake Hemet to see what birds would be around.

Here we found the best bird of our trip and a life bird for both of us ~ Lewis's Woodpecker #442.



Mountain Chickadee

Lewis's Woodpecker ~ Life Bird #442

Lewis's Woodpecker
Moon raising over Palm Desert on NY's Eve




No comments: