Thursday, January 31, 2019

Dyehard's 9 Patch Swap

Years ago, I was in a 9 patch swap with my online dyeing group.  We exchanged 6.5" unfinished blocks.  I sure don't remember how many blocks we exchanged.  Then several times since then I have swapped hand dyed 9 patch blocks with just a few of the members plus I made a lot of extra blocks myself.  So needless to say I had about 300 blocks sitting here ready to be used.  I measured them all out as because sometimes the size get sewn wrong and the blocks can be larger or smaller than needed though usually the blocks run small.  That was the case on about 75 of the blocks so I trimmed all of those blocks down to 6" and designed a quilt top that used the blocks.   Here is the quilt I designed in EQ8 and here are the 2 tops I've made.  Now, they will be called "FLIMSIES" meaning a quilt top that is waiting for quilting.


No comments: