Monday, September 23, 2019

Beth's Patch ~ Stellar Days in Our Gardens

The past 2 weeks have been really great in the gardens, in spite of the fact that we haven't had any rain.  I have been out using sprinklers to water the gardens and on a rare occasion the lawn.  I count and blog my butterflies on the South Jersey Butterfly Blog every few days.  My highest day for species was 28 species on September 10th with a number of 20 plus species days since then.  From my record keeping I'd say 28 species in a day is the highest number I have ever had in any year since I planted the gardens.

Tawny Emperor Butterfly- Year yard butterfly #41


American Lady and Painted Lady Butterflies

Fiery Skipper, Gray Hairstreak, Ocola Skipper(upper rt)

Question Mark Butterfly and Red Admiral Butterfly

Red Admiral Butterfly

Mating Variegated Fritillary

Viceroy Butterfly

Viceroy Butterfly

American Lady Butterfly

No comments: