Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Cape May Point ~Out & About

Both yesterday morning and earlier today, I was out and about driving some of the roads here in the Point plus driving some roads in West Cape May.  My target was to see more American Woodcocks.  I saw 3 yesterday when I was out.  They blend in so well with the leaves and grasses they are difficult to see most of the time.  For me, the best bet to spot them is after it snows.  As you know it snowed quite a bit here on Saturday and there is still snow everywhere as the temperatures have stayed below 30F. I saw 7 woodcocks at my first spot where yesterday I had seen 3 woodcocks there.  I saw several along Sunset Blvd and then some along Seagrove Ave.    I love walking them walk and do their bobbin and shaking the ground looking for worms and bugs.







No comments: