Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Cape May Point State Park ~ Butterflies & Moths

On Tuesday, I met up with the North Jersey Butterfly Club along with 2 South Jersey butterfliers, Jack M & Teresa K.  It's so good to see everyone again.  Some of the NJ group had been to my yard one or more times prior to my selling the house and saw their lifer, Brazilian Skipper, in my yard.  I had to leave for an appt but came back for the afternoon which saw us taking a walk on the trails looking for butters and caterpillars alonh with other interesting bugs & birds we could fine.  It was a fun afternoon.  We split up at about 3PM and I went back  to walk the trails again.  My pictures are below with ID's underneath them.

White M Hairstreak

White M Hairstreak

Ocola

Fiery

Silver-spotted nest

Silver-spotted Caterpillar

Salt Marsh Moth (I think)

North American Luna Moth caterpillar
Stinging Rose caterpillar



No comments: