Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cape May Point Bird Walk - April 10

I had a lazy Saturday not doing much so I decided I would go on the walk at the State Park. I am a new birder and the birds are migrating right now so I thought this was a good time to go spot some new birds. The walk was really great and the volunteers leading it did a great job. New birds for me included 3 Kestrals, Great Horned Owl sitting on a nest with 2 babies, Purple Martin, Red-tailed Hawk plus Barn, Tree and Northern Rough-winged Swallows. I also had some closer looks at some Osprey and a Bald Eagle. After the walk I went out on the beach and saw 2 Oystercatchers flying and landing along with some Forster's Terns. Then I headed over to the pine trees where a Brown Headed Nuthatch was seen earlier. I got to see him and also a Red Breasted Nuthatch.

No comments: