Sunday, April 18, 2010

Changing focus - back to some piecing/quilting



I started a quilting group about a year after I moved to Cape May County back in early 1987. My husband, Russ named it CAMACO (first 2 letters of the county) Quilters. We have been a fun and active group. We give back to the community by making quilts, placemats and quilts for different organizations.
Our meeting was Wednesday andd I came home to dig out a project. The first one I found is from at least 15 years ago - wild animal squares I had cut out but were languishing in a box. Yesterday I finished the top. It's the perfect size top for another organization I am active in called an online group Sunshine Quilters. We make quilts for Wrap-A-Smile and Wrap Then in Love. I make the tops and send them to a quilting angel, Bev in Alaska to quilt and bind the tops.

No comments: