Friday, July 22, 2011

Independence Day 2011



Every July 4th is special to me. In addition to celebrating the the independence and freedom we have in America it's my brother, Jeff's birthday. He's the eldest of the Morgan siblings followed by 3 sisters. I am very proud of Jeff for serving in USA's Navy in the Vietnam War on the USS Intrepid.



This year though I reconnected with friends who now live in Washington State. They invited me to their house for the 4th of July parade. Over I went to Cape May Point where there is a bike parade for everyone in the community regardless of age or type of wheels you ride. There were single bikes, tandem bikes, trikes and bikes with training wheels. Anyone who wants to be in the parade goes to the firehouse where the fire engine leads the parade or if you want when they pass your street you join in at the end. It's lots of fun, all are friendly and everyone has that spirit of community.

No comments: