Monday, March 25, 2013

Flower wallhangings

To many years ago to remember I become a fan of Eileen Sullivan flower wallhangings.  She has designed some very realistic flowers that are made using the technique of paper piecing.  To find her designs her website is http://www.thedesignersworkshop.com/
As her patterns (for my use) were a little narrower than I wanted, I took her pattern and added to the sides to make them wider.  This was done by either moving the borders out or in the case of her daffodils I added 2 more daffodils to the side.  The Poinsettia and Iris wallhangings (I made) hung in my Mother's apartment for over 10 years. Mom's been gone almost 4 years now.  It's sad to say in all those years I had never finished the daffodil top.  I wasn't happy with the border and one of the iris leaves was waving in the breeze and wasn't anchored to the ground.  I got this top out on Thursday fixed the waving foliage, took off the border I had added and put on 2 new borders. I have now quilted it and it's almost ready to be hung on my wall.





3 comments:

The Quilting Elf said...

That is fabulous work! I'll bet the ones your mother had brought her hours of viewing pleasure ...
Kathy T.

Carol E. said...

I love them all, but my fave is the daffodil.

Beth said...

Thanks for the nice comments. My Mom's favorite was the Iris but she did love them all.