Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tortured Tyvek Postcard Swap


 My online fabric postcard group is having a swap called the Tortured Tyvek swap.  Here are some of my postcards.  First I painted pellon with watered craft paints.  I also painted the Tyvek with metallic paint.  Let both dry well. Then I randomly cut apart the Tyvek,  placed it between 2 pieces of parchment paper and ran a hot iron over it.  The hotter the iron gets the more the Tyvek melts.  You can see some interesting results.  I then glued several of the Tyvek pieces onto the pellon and added a back to the card.  Two of the cards I decided to try free motion quilting on top of the Tyvek. It worked wonderfully so I should have done this from the beginning.  For safety you should melt the Tyvek outside so any fumes are disapated outside and not in the house.










No comments: