Sunday, April 28, 2013

Terragro - rebuilding the garden berm

About 3 summers ago I decided to build gardens for bringing nature into my back yard.  My yard slopes to the back so I would need to build in a berm for the plants so that while sitting in the sun room we would have good views of what was happening.  We got in 2 truckloads of terragro that my wonderful plumber moved for me with his front end loader.  Middle of last summer we decided that the berm needed building up so last fall after Hurricane Sandy I removed most of the plantings and put them into pots for the winter.

This time I decided to rent the front end loader and move the dirt myself.  I enlisted the help of my 2 sisters, Leslie and Jenny for a Sunday workday at my house.  Leslie (left) and I both drove the front end loader.  It went smoothly and we had time to replant some of the center back garden before quitting for the day.






No comments: