Sunday, May 5, 2013

Moving 20 cubic yards more of terragro

Another week has passed.  Last week we -my sisters, Leslie, Jenny and I decided that my yard could use another load of terragro for the berm along the back so I ordered it and it was delivered on Wednesday.  Bad part is the truck is so heavy that the sidewalk is broken from driving over it.  You sign ahead that they are not responsible for any damage.  The good part is I wanted to put in a driveway entrance pad in the front yard anyway so I can get it repaired without being upset about the breakage.

Leslie is unable to help this week so it's Jenny and I.  I am using the equipment and Jenny is working on racking out the dirt.  We got part way through moving the dirt to the back yard and decided that the berm was way too high even with the fact the dirt will settle some.  So we started to rack out more of the corner area.  My objective is to create a sloped garden and not to fill the back yard and make it all flat.  Sadly because we had rain this week again the ground is very soft and I have damaged the lawn in spots but it will recover or we'll fix it or throw some flower seeds on it.  Only time will tell the ending of our story.


No comments: