Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Onto to 2014

Prefect day to start 20014 ~  out birding in the morning ~ highlights ~ Friends I haven;t seen in a while plus lots of great birds including an American Tree Sparrow (life bird), Painted Bunting, White-winged Dove, Rufous Hummingbird and 5 Drake Redhead Ducks (life bird), Eurasian Wigeon and more.  In the afternoon I branched out on my own first going over to the 2 mile island area of the Cape May NWR where the highlight was my fifth Snowy Owl of the season but the first of 2014.  On the drive over I watched a Belted Kingfisher search for food in the marsh along the road.  Then I drove up to the free bridge on Nummy Island to view the 2 female King Eiders that have been there for the past few weeks. A great day ending with 61 species of birds.

No comments: