Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunshine Quilters ~ Lenten Challenge

Another year and another Lenten challenge for Sunshine Quilters.  Some members are making a block per day that will then get made into quilts for our charities.  I am making a quilt top per week which works out to a promise of 7 quilt tops. Sunday, I had a marathon piecing day making 4 tops.  I am using the kits I made from fabrics in my stash I have been cutting up.  I have been really working hard these past 2 years on reducing my stash but as I empty it down my sister, Jenny brings me more fabric from her stash.  I am glad we are using it for a great cause.
I love the second quilt which uses some fabric from Australia along with friendship star blocks exchanged back in 2000.  I have about 100 of the star blocks to use in tops.



2 comments:

Claire said...

I must start cutting up my scraps. I must...

Great tops!

Beth said...

Thank you. It is a good way to get started using the fabrics.