Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico ~ Start of vacation

Last year I was invited to visit a friend at her winter home in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Kathy thought I'd enjoy myself due to all of the birds seen where she lives.  I wasn't able to visit in 2013 and was again invited this year.  Tickets purchased and today was travel day.  Left Philadelphia at 5:30, flew through Houston, Texas and arrived in Mexico about noon.  After stopping for lunch we were off to her home.  She's in a community of 18 houses and each has a rooftop patio.  here's her house and the view from her roof.  Four cruise boats happened to be in town when I arrived.


After chatting a while I took a walk around the village.  It's a treasure trove of birds.  I saw good numbers of White-winged Doves and Gila Woodpeckers up on the cactus that are all over.  I saw House Finches, House Sparrows, male and female Hooded Oriole (life bird), Ash-throated Flycatcher and the endemic Xantus's Hummingbird (life bird).  I was really excited to see the hummer. 




2 comments:

The Quilting Elf said...

What a great birding opportunity! Love the photos of this vacation already ...
Kathy T. in Tampa

warriormom said...

Sounds like a great trip! Looking forward to seeing/hearing about the birds you see. Enjoy!!