Sunday, March 5, 2017

St Petersburg, FL ~ Birds of Boyd Hill Nature Preserve

Drove over from Belleaire Beach to St. Petersburg this morning which isn't such a long drive.  I had decided to explore the Boyd Hill Nature Preserve.  When I arrived I asked some hikers leaving what there best bird of the day was "Horned Owl and owlets."  They gave me the information on where to find them and off I went.  When I first started my hike I was pleased to find a butterfly garden and then all along the way I found butterflies on Shepard's Needle. The Screech Owl (left) was in captivity having been injured and is not able to be released again into the wild.  They have a display with a number of birds including Bald Eagle, Red-shouldered Hawk, Black and Turkey Vultures and more.







Great Horned Owl (and there's a owlet in there)

Nanday Parakeet Life Bird # 427

These American Coots want some of what the Redhead is eating

Redhead Duck

No comments: