Thursday, May 2, 2019

Sierra Vista, AZ ~ Ramsey Canyon


Wild Turkey
Today was a travel day from Patagonia over to Ramsey Canyon in Sierra Vista.  I am staying at the Ramsey Cabins and the location is spectacular while the accommodations could use some brightening up though I am happy to have a full kitchen, tv and internet.  Knowing I was a birder and coming to see hummingbirds and other wildlife, the owners put out 6 hummingbird feeders along with 3 seed feeders.  Not long after I arrived, the Wild Turkey's came along with several Mule Deer.  Shortly after, some Bridled Titmouse, (life bird #699) arrived for a drink from the water bath.  Next, I saw my first Robin of the trip.   And a group of 4 inquisitive Acorn Woodpeckers stopped by as I unpacked.

Mule Deer

Bridled Titmouse

Acorn Woodpecker

Acorn Woodpecker wondering what I am doing

Acorn Woodpecker





No comments: