Friday, August 16, 2019

Latticed Charm Squares ~ A Rainbow Quilt

photo by Helen

Helen has given me this glimpse of the quilt I made while it's on the frame and being quilted.  I love how Helen quilts my quilts and I appreciate her work.  It's funny in some ways as I was Helen's original quilting teacher years and years ago when I taught in the adult education classes in our county.  The class was set-up to make several wallhanging over the course of 10 weeks.  you could pick and chose want you wanted to make.  Helen was the student that made them all and more.  Now fast forward 25 years and she has been longarm quilting for at least 5 years and does an excellent job.  Now she could teach me how to longarm.  All of the squares used in the quilt were either dyed by me or part of a swap among my friends who dye fabrics.  I just love, love, love this quilt!
Hand dyed fabrics and piecing by Beth, quilted by Helen





No comments: