Monday, January 18, 2021

Camaco Quilters January Challenge

My January Camaco Quilt Guild challenge is finished in just 5 days including quilting and binding. The challenge was to take the leftover fabric from a project you had used and use those leftovers to make another project. I made 2 simple quilts about 44" by 55". For the first project I picked a purple fabric I was gifted years ago when a friend was moving. It's a Laurel Burch and features cats. Pattern was an alternating rectangle block quilt which after making, I had just eight 6.5" squares left. I decided I'd make a Streak of Lightening quilt which used 7 of the squares. After I was done my sister reminded me she also used some of the fabric to make 2 masks. I have one 6.5" square left and am thinking about ideas to use it.

One of 2 masks made by Jenny


First Donation quilt 2021 and quilt for the challenge

Close up of the cats fabric

#2 Donation Quilt and the make something extra from the leftover fabric challenge.



No comments: