Monday, March 1, 2021

Donation Quilt Raises $450 for a Food Bank

Years and years ago - maybe as many as 20 I started a round robin with quilters from the USA, Australia and new Zealand.  They center block was designed and paper pieced by me and sent off to AU.  Other borders were added using both fabric I sent and some from the quilters stash who was working on it.  After 3 rounds in AU, it was sent off to NZ where the quilter never did any border and ignored most all correspondence I sent to her (pre internet).  Finally, I said just send it back, however, it is but by the time she finally did sent it back more than 2 years of holding onto it I had lost all interest in finishing it.  It languished in a container for all those years.  Last spring I took it out and decided on borders for the top.  I made it up and put it back in a pile to be quilted.  Finally, I quilted and bound it earlier this week.  I never did like the 2 side borders and decided I would donate it somewhere.  I posted it on Fb where a FB friend from Paradise, CA asked to buy it.   I wouldn't agree to that but would donate it to her and she could donate the $$ to an organization of her choice.  She chose a food bank where she and 2 friends of hers donated $450.  For the food bank, Sarah, and I, it's a win/win/win situation.

Upon return from NZ

With borders added by mae before quilting and binding the top.

 

No comments: