Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Backyard Birds - My yard

Yesterday, I was sitting enjoying the views in my backyard when I spotted a new backyard bird - a White-throated Sparrow.  This morning I saw another group of birds that included more White-throated Sparrows, some Song Sparrows and some House Finches.  Then later, I was invaded by Cow-headed Cowbirds which happen to be another new yard bird.  The cowbird is one I'd rather have saty away.
I never did get any pictures of the White-throated Sparrows because they jump around lots. Other yard birds today included Blue Jays, Cardinals, Tufted Titmice, Mourning Doves, and several Red-breasted Nuthatch. The nuthatches were collecting sunflower seeds and burying them under the bark of the cherry tree. This activity went on for about 1/2hr and was reallly fun to watch.

No comments: