Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunrise over Jetty Landing Road


Today I decided to get up early and go to Moss Landing to be there for sunrise.  I thought that watching the sunrise come up over the beach lighting up the Pacific Ocean with the full moon over the ocean would be beautiful.  Also, I thought that the light would be good for getting some pictures of the shore birds.  There are Marbled Godwits, Western Willets, Long-billed Curlews, Dowitchers, Yellow Legs, Whimbrels and lots of little sandpipers to see and photograph. 

The sunrise was magnificant!  The birds were delightful to watch.  It was fun to talk with another photgrapher who lives in the area while watching the birds.










2 comments:

The Quilting Elf said...

OMG - even though I live in FL, I'm having such a good time in CA through your photos! What a talent you have. I love the jellyfish, the otters, the trees, the sunrise, and a cuckoo, for heaven's sake. Thank you so much for your blog!
Kathy T. in Tampa

Beth said...

Thanks Kathy for your nice comments. I am hoping to get to FL soon so I can capture some pictures of nature there.