Saturday, December 1, 2012

Barred Owl - Cape May Point Sate Park

Today I went over to the Point to bird.  I have been hoping to see some Crossbills up close.  I have seen them several times along the dunes but never close enough to get a good look.  Today was no exception as the Crossbills were up too high to get a decent look.  While I was along the dunes I saw several butterflies - 2 Monarchs and a Painted Lady.  Then I heard that there was a Barred Owl along the path in the State Park so over I went to see if the owl was still around.  Success - it's a lifer for me and only my second owl.  My first owl  observed in 2010 was a Great Horned Owl sitting on nest with 2 Owelets also at the State Park.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Wow! I have never seen an owl in the wild. That would be the coolest.