Saturday, December 29, 2012

quilt blocks for Sunshine Quilters

Each month Sunshine Quilters has a block lottery where you send in blocks to one of our members.  For each set that you send in, one block goes into the pile for Sunshine tops and one into a group for the winner of the block lottery.  Your "ticket"  is the sets of blocks you make and at the end of the month a name is drawn out to receive the blocks.  I have been going through all of my stash and blocks looking for extras, samples and orphans blocks.  I have some 12" blocks but also a number of  9" blocks.  Since they need to be 12" I have been adding borders to the blocks to bring them up to size.  I have a total of 25 blocks to donate to the pot and all are to go to Sunshine.  I also don't enter my name into the drawing because I am trying to pare down  and not take on any extra projects.  Here are a sampling of the blocks.






No comments: