Monday, September 30, 2013

CA ~ Tijuana River Mouth

This afternoon our trip was to the beach along Seacoast Avenue in Imperial Beach.  I walked out the beach to the mouth of the Tijuana River.  This river mouth is only about 1-2 miles away from the USA/Mexican Border.  It's a little disconcerting as there are border patrol helicopters that fly back and forth about every 10 minutes.  They are close enough to the ground that you can see the pilots.  It took a while to walk out and as the afternoon was getting late I didn't stay there as long as I would have liked to stay.  I saw tons of Brown Pelicans, Double-crested Cormorants, Marbled Godwits, Western Willets, Whimbrel, Forster's Terns, Elegant Terns, and smaller shorebirds and peeps not id'd as I didn't have a scope.
Marbled Godwit

Marbled Godwit and Western Willet

Whimbrel

No comments: