Monday, September 23, 2013

CA ~ More life birds ~ Desert Willow Golf Resort

I have to say that I have never been a fan of early morning walks but with the 3 hr time difference from the East Coast and the heat of the afternoon it just makes sense to walk now.  Sunrise is about 6:30 AM and the temperatures comfortable so I went to look for some nature to enjoy pictures to take.  I saw 20 species of birds including new life bird White-faced Ibis.  There are at least 8-10 Ibis feeding along the edges of the different water features/ponds of golf course usually in pairs of 2.  I am also seeing at least 2 Green Herons on each water feature/pond areas.  Again,
I must say how spectacular the scenery is here in the desert.  It's every bit of gorgeous as Alaska but in a different way.
White-faced Ibis

Green Heron fishing


No comments: