Saturday, April 13, 2019

Quilts of Valor

Last week I attended the Quilts of Valor work day at the ferry.  I had an afternoon appt so wasn't able to stay and get any work done there but brought home 3 kits to sew up quilt tops.  I ran out of one fabric for a top and needed to substitute about 1/4 yard from my stash.  Turned out OK and I don't think anyone will even notice it.  Then I had enough fabric left to make 19 more blocks to make a second Stepped Up Squares top just needing a blue and then a red border fabric.  I used 2 well-aged fabrics from my stash to make up the top.  I think all of the tops turned out nicely.  Now they are passed onto a longarm quilter to have them quilted and the binding applied.  Then the tops are brought back to the meetings where another volunteer picks up the quilt and sews the binding down and adds a label before the quilt is awarded to a veteran.

Panel Quilt

Stepped-up Squares

Friendship Star

Stepped-up Squares using some of my stash.


No comments: