Friday, August 25, 2023

My Yard ~ Nature Abounds ~ Year butterfly #28 ~ Common Buckeye

 I love this time of the summer when there is an increase in butterflies, both the species and the numbers within each species.  I can sit and enjoy them more here in PA since I don't have the the area of gardens I had in NJ.  Those gardens took much more energy but had the rewards of many, many more butterflies and many visitors who came to see the butterflies.  I miss my butterfly peeps but enjoy having the time to just enjoy what I am doing here in PA.  Today, I had the first Common Buckeye of the 2023 season arrive in the yard.  The hummingbirds are numerous with the male hummingbird protecting "his" feeder from all other takers.  I, frequently, see 3 hummers fighting. I also have a feeder set up in the front garden.

Common Buckeye -year butterfly #28

Red Admiral on rotting fruit

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Even the Snowberry Clearwings were fighting today!

 Snowberry Clearwing

Mint fresh Red Admiral

Red-banded Hairstreak hiding in the phlox

No comments: