Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow, beautiful snow




It's snowing again here so that means I can do more snow dyeing! We had a big snowstorm on December 26th that dropped 18" or so around the county. I have done a number of pieces of snow dyed fabric in the last week. Instead of starting with a blank white cloth I have been taking my handdyed fabrics that I was less than happy with and overdyeing the pieces with snowdyeing. Sometimes the cloth is low immersion dyeing and sometimes had been snowdyed once. I am happy with most of the results. Now it's onto new cloth. I do need to order some more dyes as I ran out of some favorites. I have no browns or gray left. I tried to make a brown but the red struck fast and hard so the piece is maroon and not brown! Pictures coming later today....



No comments: