Friday, May 20, 2011

Birding Benny's Landing Rd


Monday afternoon, Tuesday both morning and afternoon, I stopped by Benny's Landing Road salt marshes to bird. I was there for 2 low tides and one high tide. Birding at high tide brings the birds closer in some instances or just changes the species of birds you see. Lots of variety of sandpipers were there - Least Sandpipers, Semipalmated Sandpipers, Spotted Sandpipers(1), Black-bellied Plovers, Dunlins(2), Dowitchers and Whrimbrels(3). Then best of all I saw about 5 Clapper Rails(4,5). I believe I saw one two times & one (that hangs out in the same place) I saw each of the 3 times I visited the area. There were Glossy Ibis(6), Snowy & Great Egrets and lots of Barn Swallows fliting about the marsh.
(Picture order corresponds to the named bird.)



No comments: