Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is the second Mother's Day that Mom has been dead. Such a hard word - dead. Of course, she is gone from my life but in no ways has she been forgotten. I have so many good memories of our times together. I often think of her and feel like I would like to call and talk to her. I am hoping that in Heaven she can hear my thoughts. If she can then she knows how much I love her and miss her. I mourned Mom's passing but she was ready to die as life here on earth had become a burden to her and meet her Lord and her family members who had gone on before her - her husband, her Mom & Dad, Aunt Frances, and most of her friends. Mom lived 86 years enjoying all of them up until that last 9 months. Pictures are of my Mom when she was young, a year before she died with her first great-grandchild, Shamus. The next picture is my Mom's Mom(my grandmother whom we called Dinny. The last picture is from Thanksgiving 2008 with all of her family there except Drew and Ed, two of her grandsons.



No comments: