Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Off to California - Santa Cruz



I have wanted to revisit the Watsonville area of CA since I was there with my sisters in January 2010.  Several weeks ago my sister, Jenny along with her husband and I decided that all of our schedules coordinated so travel plans were made.  We left this AM arriving in San Francisco just after noon PDT.  After renting a car we drove down to Santa Sruz to the UCSC Arboretum. The flowers here are spectucular which makes the arboretum is a mecca for several species of hummingbirds.


Anna's Hummingbird


Rufous or Allen's Hummingbird


California Quail


California Towhee






The Rufous vs Allen's Hummingbird and the California Towhee are new life birds for me.  Now if I could just figure out which hummingbird it actually was I'd be happier!



No comments: