Wednesday, September 24, 2014

CA ~ Big Morango Valley Preserve

This morning started with a birding walk at the Preserve that I looked forward to all week.  Last year I went on this walk also and was excited then to add 11 life birds to my list.  I didn't have any hopes to add more birds to my life list this year but I was pleasantly surprised to add a Black-throated Gray Warbler seen at the water feature when Margaret and I were sitting chatting.  We were a group of 14 birders including host Dee plus leaders Margaret, Gary and several others whose names I didn't get.  It was great to meet a couple from nearby MD who I can connect up with to bird in their area.  Hal and Joanne were here to see if Joanne could add to life birds to there lists - California Thrasher and Nuttall's Woodpecker both of which we saw on the walk.


Nuttall's Woodpecker
Scrub Jay


California Towhee




No comments: